Rising housing costs, fuel prices, and inflation: it’s no wonder Aussies are turning to apartment dwelling and electric vehicles (EVs) to minimise costs and live within their means.
The 2021 census revealed that about 1.3 million people now live in flats; an increase of 1.1% compared to 2016. The Guardian says: “Australians are turning to apartment living in record numbers, as the gap between private property rental prices and apartments continues to widen.”
Not only are we seeing a shift in our choice of home in favour of affordability and a rising population growth in Australia’s capital cities leading even more of us to turn to apartment living, but EV use has risen dramatically, too. The Electric Vehicle Council claims that the number of Aussies buying electric cars tripled last year, with 20,665 sold compared to just 6900 in 2020.
There’s no doubt the transition to EVs is happening – it’s just a case of when, but as a property developer, it’s wise to get ahead of the game.
NSW EV Backing
The NSW government has published a new guide it hopes will support the rollout of electric vehicle charging infrastructure in residential and commercial buildings. Excitingly, the state has allocated 10 million dollars to co-fund apartment buildings each with more than 100 car spaces to upgrade or install EV charging ports.
So, now is the time to become more energy efficient and upgrade apartment blocks to cater towards your tenants’ needs by offering EV charging points in parking garages. You’ll not only cater to the demand of people wanting to charge their cars on their property conveniently, but you’ll increase property values and attract more tenants. These are just a couple of the benefits of bringing EV charging (and EVX) on board.
Easy Installation, Fast Return On Investment
While there may be an upfront installation cost, this is a low-risk investment with a positive ROI. EVX’s solutions will be tailored to your needs, helping property developers navigate the planning process, regulations, site selection, and analysis. You can expect the right expertise to give revenue generation analysis that provides a clear sense of ROI and an idea of how quickly you can expect to recoup your investment.
Further benefits of EVX for you as a property developer:
- Increase your residents’ satisfaction. By installing EV charging infrastructure, you are catering to the demand of people wanting to charge their cars on their property conveniently.
- Unlike our competitors, EVX charging infrastructure is designed to minimise visual disruption. The Connected Kerb Gecko model for instance, offers low visual impact charging: perfect for residential environments.
- Increase property values and attract more tenants.
- Future-proofed: Infrastructure is built with scaling and future demand in mind.
- Electronics are mounted close to the ceiling in residential car parks to avoid accidental damage and vandalism.
- The expensive electronics are installed below ground. This means they are protected from damage and have a much longer lifespan than any other charger on the market.
- EVX is committed to supporting modern residential developments to provide a better environment for local communities, and look toward a sustainable future where net zero emissions are in sight.
- EVX uses smart technology that can stand the test of time
How Does EVX Work?
EVX offers a robust, cost-effective range of residential chargers. Our residential solutions offer the best smart charging functionality, allowing developers and building managers to provide residents EV charging with centralised management and maintenance provided by EVX. Our charging is based on consumer parking behaviour and not purely on rapid charge solutions that become inaccessible when needed.
Long-term, our charging stations will drive revenue: through advanced data propositions, but ultimately through EV charging alone.
Please see our solutions page or contact us here if you want to hear more about EVX’s charging solutions for property developers.